This statement is designed to transparently and unambiguously communicate to our clients and suppliers, why we collect their Personal data, what will be collected and the way we use that data.
Our Commitment to protecting your personal data
Cloud Distribution is committed to protect and secure any personal data that we collect and which we require to facilitate the services, transactional activities and support products that we provide to our clients, our clients, clients and that we receive from our suppliers. The company take the protection of your Personal data very seriously and adhere to current Data Protection regulations including the GDPR.
What Personal data do we hold?
We currently hold clients, client client’s and supplier personal information. There are six categories of personal information that we hold:
- Name (may include first and last names)
- Business email address
- Business mobile phone number (maybe be a personal number)
- DDI office number
- Job title / Role
- Office and or delivery address’s
Where did we get your data from?
Your personal data may have been collected from a number of sources:
- Collected from a website enquiry that has been made by your company to us
- From an email that has been sent from your company to us
- Collected from the public domain on the Internet
- Provided to us by a 3rdparty data provider
- Purchase orders
- Event Registrations
- Support Desk
What is our lawful basis and purpose for holding your Personal information?
The lawful basis for holding your information is that we have a legitimate interest and the purpose is that we need this information to facilitate the services we or your company provide and to facilitate and transact those services and products.
We also have a legitimate interest and therefore a lawful basis to inform your company and its s about existing and new services that we believe will be of benefit to you.
What do we do with your personal information?
- We use your Personal information to communicate with your company by email or phone in relation to existing and ongoing business services, operations and transactions
- We use your details to inform you of existing and new services
What we don’t do with your personal information
- We do not transfer or share your Personal information with anyone else
- We do not use any automated systems relating to your personal data
- We do not use your information for profiling
- We do not transfer your information outside of the EU
How do we secure your Personal data?
Cloud Distribution operates a best practise Governance and Information Security Management System which includes policies, controls and processes that have been introduced by the company, based on Risk Assessments, used to secure and protect Personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
- The information we hold will be retained for as long as we continue our trading business relationship with you, or, until you inform us that we hold Personal information on you, and is no longer employed by your organisation or has changed role.
- Please note, emails from or to your ex-s that relate to a business operation or transaction is regarded as corporate information and even though it may contain ex- Personal information will be kept for reference purposes.
- Personal Information that we hold to inform you of existing and new services will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information or you want us to delete your Personal data.
What are your personal data rights?
If at any point, you believe the personal information we hold on you is incorrect, you want us to correct or delete that information, or you no longer want us to hold that information or contact you, you can exercise your rights under the current Data Protection laws. These rights include:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
For more information about your personal data rights please visit the Information Commissioner Office website at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/individuals-rights/
Who do I contact if I have an issue with my Personal information that you hold?
How do I make a complaint about how my Personal data is being held or processed?
- If you wish to raise a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their Helpdesk number is 0303 123 1113.
* For more information about Cyber Essentials please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cyber-essentials-scheme-overview